In general it is not wise to dating someone with Herpes when you don’t have one, because there is always the risk of giving it to you.
However, you’d never think anything like this would happen to you, you hope you can trust a person after a few months. They look normal to u and u don’t see anything wrong with them, they look fine to u might as well skip the rubber. Right? WRONG. You can never tell if someone has herpes. About one-fifth of all people aged 12 and up in the U.S. are infected with the HSV-2 virus that causes genital herpes, but as many as 90% don’t know it. (By comparison, experts estimate 50% to 80% of adults have oral herpes.)
More women than men are infected — one in four women compared with one in five men. One reason may be that the virus can infect a woman’s genitals more easily than it can a man’s. Genital herpes is more common among blacks than it is among whites, and it becomes more common as people age. The more sex partners people have, the more common it is, too.
If you do find you are interested in someone with a STD, it is very important to get to know following aspects:
1. Treat she / he like one of our friends. Think of it as a dating thing, but without the sex.
2. Take him / her out to dinner etc., and have fun.
While you might not be able to have sex during an outbreak, you can still maintain a sex life when she / he is not having an outbreak. If there is an outbreak, be understanding and try other forms of affection and pleasure.
Your partner was brave enough to disclose the infection, consider his or her feelings in times of outbreaks.
3. Carry a condom around with you.
1. Don’t make this about you. Especially if this is a new thing for him / her.
2. Think it’ll be easier if you get herpes. She / he will feel like crap and if it doesn’t work out, you now have it too.
3. Don’t have sex during an active outbreak.
4. Don’t have sex when she / he is having symptoms of an outbreak.
5. It is important to know what you do and don’t want. That way when someone truly special walks into your life, you will be able to recognize him/her. Dating Someone with Herpes is as hard as you imagine. Good Luck!